February 11, 2018

It's been a lazy sunday.

1. Got up at 7am and baked a batch of sugar cookies from dough I prepared last night. I made heart shaped cookies for Valentines Day that I plan to take to my office and share. However, Wife has been sneaking cookies today. When I came home from church, she ate 2 cookies in a span of 5 minutes. She walked away with one, then came back, said "cookies wo oishii" and walked off with another back to our bedroom.

2. I was responsible for "coffee hour" at church today. Really it's making lunch for everyone that attends. I was notified on Friday that it was our turn this week and so I bought 2 pizzas from Safeway, bagged salad, and shortbread cookies from Fry's. It was said by one woman that I've "outdone myself" this time. However, I really haven't. I've made much better meals and am capable of making much better meals that include more homemade ingredients. Wait until they get a taste of chipotle pepper turkey and pecan pie cheesecake. Then there will be no topping today's meal.

3. I ordered our 1st piece of home workout equipment today. We decided to purchase a Kaiser M3 Indoor Spinner bike and since I finished the taxes already, our estimated tax return will be able to cover the cost. I'm looking forward to being able to exercise again, especially during registration time when I reach the end of my rope and patience.

4. Made a jar of sun tea today because I was tired of drinking either milk or water. Wife will probably drink the entire thing in one day...

5. I am contemplating experimenting with making rye beer bread made with Guiness stout. I'm hoping it will be a dark, heavy beer bread. Will post when I have made it.

All for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lenten Fast Post #3

The COVID Chronicles #39: Hail Storm!

The COVID Chronicles #30: Mother's Day