"Fast - Slow" & "The Back End of it All"

Part 1: "Fast - Slow"
We're currently entering the 3rd week of Lent, a time when Christians are supposed to be fasting from something. Growing up in the Methodist Church, the idea of fasting during Lent was never a point that was stressed, but saving your change for Love Loaves was an important part of Lent and the Easter Sunday offering. Over the past 3 years I've attempted fasts of varying degrees of difficulty. 3 years ago, I attempted to fast from processed sugar. This year I'm attempting to fast from the dinner meal, choosing instead to substitute that meal with a glass of "Mean Green" vegetable juice. Until our juicer needed replacing this week, the fast was going well, but on Wednesday and Thursday evenings I had to break the fast and eat dinner. Even though this fast has not led to any weight loss, I feel that it has led to a fat burn and I pray it will lead to a slow weight loss as a I prepare for my sister's wedding this September in Albania as I plan to continue the fast past Easter Sunday. '

Part 2: "The Back End of it All"
Since Wife and I have been married, Wife has experience varying levels of back pain. A few weeks ago she strained her back carrying a block of clay in her ceramics class and then decided to undertake a cleansing fast that perhaps caused additional strain and pain to her organs since she's not fond of drinking water and flushing her system while it processes the toxins she trying to rid her body of. It became so painful that I needed to take her to see a chiropractor in Sierra Vista on Friday afternoon and yesterday she was laid up in bed all day, unable to move. By looking at Wife, given her diminutive stature, you wouldn't think she would suffer from chronic back pain, but she does. With my protruding belly, you would think I would be the one with the back pain, but that often not the case. Anyway, yesterday was spent being a nurse to Wife as she needed regular check-ins and the occasional water or meal service. I'm not good at being a nurse. I think most guys aren't and I think that's because we accept a certain level of pain or sickness while trying to conduct our regular duties while women demand the world stop for their pain and suffering. That's not to sound sexist btw.

All for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lenten Fast Post #3

The COVID Chronicles #39: Hail Storm!

The COVID Chronicles #30: Mother's Day