January 21, 2018

Happy Sunday.

I began today with a period of stretching. I did this for a couple of reasons. The first is because I had back pain this morning, so I did the stretches my chiropractor taught me to try and loosen up the back muscles. The 2nd reason was because it had been a long time since I last did morning stretching and I'm trying to get back into the habit since we're planning on purchasing a piece of exercise equipment for the house and I want to be in the practice of stretching before exercising once that piece of equipment is delivered.

After completing my stretches, I went for a 1.7 mile morning walk (per my Strava app). I stepped in dog poo & tried to clean my shoes the best I could, but I couldn't remove all of it, so my new shoes are now sitting outside on our front porch.

I attended adult sunday school and church this morning. I was volunteered to be the liturgist during the service (we seem to have a small rotation going on). The scripture reading was Psalm 62 and despite the fact the pastor only wanted a small portion of the Psalm read, I read the entire thing for context, and because it was not very long.

After church there was a board meeting, of which I am a member now. We voted on the 2018 budget. I wasn't sure what I was actually voting on, so I abstained.

After church I went to the bar at the Copper Queen Hotel to watch the NFL playoffs. I arrived there in time to see the NE Patriots come back and beat the Jacksonville Jaguars. I stayed for the MIN - PHI game, but left at halftime after the PHI Eagles had built a 24-7 lead. I checked the score when I got home and it was 38-7, so I guess the PHI Eagles will be facing the NE Patriots in the Super Bowl this year. This will be NE's 10th appearance in the Super Bowl, the most of any team, and it will be there 3rd appearance in 4 years. It was the 12th conference title game their quarterback Tom Brady has played in; the most of any player in history.


That was my Sunday...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lenten Fast Post #3

The COVID Chronicles #39: Hail Storm!

The COVID Chronicles #30: Mother's Day