Theft

I consider myself lucky to not have been the victim of too many crimes in my lifetime and I feel this is because I have not had the misfortune of residing in areas with high crime rates. Flagstaff, Japan, Bullhead City, and now Bisbee. 

In high school, someone thought it would be funny to put orange cones on my pick-up while it was parked along the street one night while my mom, sister, and I were out to dinner. In college, someone stole the CD player w/ car combo (remember those?) and some other items in the glove box out of my pick-up overnight, but that was my fault because I left it unlocked. I think someone also tried to steal the pick-up once and damaged the steering column, but that's another story all together. In Japan I never worried about theft and often left the door to my apartment unlocked for days a time. In Bullhead City, I think someone keyed the side of the Yukon, perhaps a student at the school I worked at who perceived I did them wrong in some way. 

On Thursday night, someone stole my road bike off the bike rack of my Yukon. Now, admittedly, I didn't have it locked up or secured in anyway, but the back tire was flat, which made it pretty unrideable. The bike was purchased 3rd hand for ~$350 a couple of years ago and was the bike I rode in the Taylor House Ride in Flagstaff only 2 years ago. Naturally, I'm a little miffed and angry that in a town like Bisbee, someone would feel the need to steal the bike. They may have done me a favor because the bike never really felt truly comfortable to ride anyway. I guess now I can start looking for a new bike that fits me better. That's the silver lining to this story. 

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lenten Fast Post #3

The COVID Chronicles #39: Hail Storm!

The COVID Chronicles #30: Mother's Day