New Hot Water Heater

There are many things I enjoy about being a homeowner. 

Some times, I receive random refund checks from my mortgage company for things like escrow account refunds & appraisal fees.

But then are times when being a homeowner can be trying. Like today. One of our hot water heaters (yes, we have more than one) needs to be replaced. It's constantly filling, which is causing our water to be equivalent to if we were irrigating a small hay pasture every monthly. 

So how did I spend my morning? Comparing prices & models at ACE, Lowe's and Home Depot for a new 40-gallon, natural gas, hot water heater.

Home Depot won my business because they were $5 cheaper than Lowe's, actually had someone who offered me assistance, AND they had a brand that I actually recognized (Rheem). They up-sold me on the 5-year extended warranty, but for ~$70 more, I thought it was worth it. I have my plumber coming out on Wednesday to install it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lenten Fast Post #3

The COVID Chronicles #39: Hail Storm!

The COVID Chronicles #30: Mother's Day