The COVID Chronicles #17: Living with a Messy Person

I am very good at making messes, usually of freshly cleaned things. I often spill food & beverages on myself or other freshly laundered items. If you have ever watched the movie "Super Troopers", my life is kind of the character of Farva. If you watch in the movie, he is always spilling something on himself or otherwise getting covered in something (this is pointed out on the DVD commentary). That's kind of my MO in life. I wasn't raised by wolves. I'm just messy. 

Yesterday at lunch, Wife had put a freshly cleaned table cloth on the table. Actually, it was an old shower curtain that she converted into a table cloth, but it had been washed & hemmed, was unsoiled, and free of any stains. Wife had prepared a dip for lunch along with carrot & celery sticks. This dip included mayonnaise, tuna, and other Asian spice too many for me to list. Five minutes was all it took for me to get it dirty. I was standing next to the table, dipping a carrot or celery stick in the dip and bringing it up to my mouth prior to sitting down for a mid-day meal, when a bit of dropped onto the table. I hoped Wife would not notice, but when I came back to sit at the table, she was upset that I had already soiled the new tablecloth. 

Later in the day, when I was making dinner, which consisted of simply warming up a can of Campbell's soup, I left the lid to the can on the cloth placemat at my place at the table, and some of the sauce from the can's lid transferred itself from the lid to the cloth placemat. Again, I made a mess of freshly laundered item. 

My post-work out yesterday consisted of more body-weight resistance exercises. I did leg lifts, donkey kicks, and calf raises. I also did 60 regular crunches and 60 o'bleak crunches. I also did 32 minutes on the spin bike at low intensity for fat-burning purposes. I've "ridden" 22.6 miles this week on the spin bike & 82 miles for the month of April. Unfortunately, I did not sleep well last night thanks to a stiff neck and now my back and shoulders are stiff this morning. I may need some new pillows....

All for today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lenten Fast Post #3

The COVID Chronicles #39: Hail Storm!

The COVID Chronicles #30: Mother's Day