The COVID Chronicles #31: Here, But Not Here

Over past two weeks, there have been some instances where I feel that people think that because I'm home, I am somehow available during the day.

1. Yesterday, our neighbor came over and needed my help with getting a box or something down from a high place. When he came over, I was in a departmental Zoom meeting and could not simply get up and go help him. 

2. The same neighbor brought over some kind of flower plant yesterday (that's why he needed the box) and left it on our front porch. Wife asked me to help her replant it during my lunch hour. So after I ate my lunch (jambalaya), I was frantically digging two transplant holes with my transplant shovel, and then pouring potting soil into the holes in which we replanted the pots so I could open up my Zoom meeting room in time for my 1pm appointment.

3. Last week, I got a call from my pastor at 10am. There was a board meeting to discuss distribution of charity funds from the church's thrift shop to congregation members in the form of gift cards to a grocery store chain in our town and she asked if I would be attending. Of course I said no because I was working (and very busy answering emails or otherwise assisting students at the time).

Here's a picture of the Mother's Day painted wall I mentioned in my post from yesterday. 

All for today! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lenten Fast Post #3

The COVID Chronicles #39: Hail Storm!

The COVID Chronicles #30: Mother's Day