The COVID Chronicles #50

Updated yesterday, there are now 2,425 active cases of COVID-19 in our county. That's an increase of over 600 from last week. I'm not even going to bother with sharing the rest of the data. It's too depressing. 

Yesterday evening, Wife and I made the difficult decision to cancel our plans to attend the family Christmas gathering. We notified our family via text message. And this morning, my sister announced their intention to do the same, so Christmas this year is officially canceled in our family. We didn't even put up decorations. I'm not sure what I'm going to cook for Christmas dinner, but I'm thinking I'll be a "maverick" and cook a goose. "Great balls of fire!"

This week was "Doctor Visit Week" for me. I paid a visit to my eye doctor and dentist. I updated my eye glass prescription and got my teeth cleaned. I also endured/experienced a sales pitch for Invisilign from my dentist. 

My online class is nearly over. Final grades are due on Thursday. I think most of my students are going to pass the class. Of the 22 that started, I was left with 15. I think would prefer to not teach another online class again. 

Wife is having a hard time with the pandemic. She would not approve of me going into much detail regarding her struggles, but it makes visiting her family in Japan impossible and that takes a toll on her mental health. 

Here's a video of one of my favorite carols: 


All for today

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lenten Fast Post #3

The COVID Chronicles #39: Hail Storm!

The COVID Chronicles #30: Mother's Day