The COVID Chronicles #74: Sunday Statistics

 As of this morning, there have been 825,119 cases in the state of Arizona with 16,323 deaths. In our county, there have been 11,310 cases & 270 deaths. In our zip code, there have been 462 confirmed cases of COVID-19. 

It feels as though things are beginning to get back to normal here. Last week, our governor authorized schools to re-open and the capacity limitations for restaurants is also being lifted. I think a lot of people (and I count myself in this demographic) have grown weary of wearing a mask everyday, everywhere they go. In fact, I met with a student last week who said he was looking forward to the day when he won't have to wear a mask. 

In another example of a return to normalcy, this upcoming week will be the last week my department will be on alternating teams working in the office or working remotely from home. We will all be back in the office beginning the week of March 15th with an expectation that we all keep our distance from each other and continue to wear our masks when in the common areas. Coincidentally, that is week I have requested to take some time off to go camping with Wife and Flagstaff Friends at Roper Lake State Park in Safford, AZ. 

As things begin to return to normalcy, yesterday, Wife and I ate inside of a restaurant for the 1st time is over one year (and one that did not require you drive around to a window to get your food). We chose a very popular and well reviewed Vietnamese restaurant in Sierra Vista which had visited before long before we ever thought of living down here. After our meal we stopped by the local Asian market for some frozen mochi with red bean pasted in the center to eat for dessert on our way to Santa Cruz county to visit my parents to pick up our tent and visit with my parents for an hour or so. My father, who is 77 has already received his 2 shots and my mother has received her 1st shot so they told us we did not need to wear our masks in their house. Still no word on when Wife and I can get our vaccinations, but Wife having a consultation on getting a T-DAP booster prior visiting The Diggers in VA as they are expecting a little one in May and per their directives, a T-DAP booster is required. 

All for today...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lenten Fast Post #3

The COVID Chronicles #39: Hail Storm!

Theft