The COVID Chronicles #80: Statistical Updates

The total number of COVID cases in Arizona is approaching 1,000,000. 

As of today, per the AZ Department of Health's website, Arizona has seen, 923,204 cases of COVID 19, with the number of reported deaths at 18,200.

More worrying though is the number new cases reported yesterday, which was 1,759 because this seems to be an increase in the number of daily cases from just a few weeks ago.

The total number of cases in our county is now up to 12,346, with 9 new cases reported yesterday. The total number of deaths is now 295.  

In our county, they have administered 115,000 vaccines, but the vaccination rate is only 49%. Certainly not the percentage goal and benchmark President Biden set when he took office in January. 

I have started shaking the hands of students again when I greet them and call them back to be seen. I always felt awkward calling their names, then turning around to walk back toward my office with them in tow. I am making sure that I use hand sanitizer after each meeting. 

The week that Wife left, I was sick with some kind head congestion. The doctor said it was an ear infection. I asked for a COVID test and tested negative. During the course of the examination, the doctor asked if I was vaccinated and when I told her that I was, she told me, "if you're vaccinated, it would be very hard for you to get COVID". 

My plans for today are to work outside in my backyard, cutting the grass that grown tall and thick and to spray for weeds in the front yard. I've definitely been neglecting it since Wife has been gone. 

All for today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lenten Fast Post #3

The COVID Chronicles #39: Hail Storm!

The COVID Chronicles #30: Mother's Day